Age, Height, Weight etc: ✎edit
Alessia went to Cardinal Ambrozic Catholic Secondary School Cara, but after graduating she decided to devote at least 1 year to her musical career instead of going to college.
Measurements, Body: ✎edit
On This Page:
She is interested in alternative pop and R&B and became popular after “Here”, the debut song from her first album “Know It All”. Alessia was known for her acoustic covers of other artists on YouTube before her own musical projects.Her passion for music began in early childhood, when Alessia herself, without noticing it, began to compose poems and come up with melodies for them. At the age of 10, she independently mastered playing the guitar, and at the age of 13 she began recording covers of famous songs and uploading them on YouTube. Alessia's voice and manner of performance is often compared to the extraordinary Amy Winehouse and Rihanna.
This video does not match this idol? ✎ Report Us!
Family, Mother, Father, Wife & Husbands, Kids ✎edit
Alessia's parents have Italian roots. The singer's father is Canadian, but often traveled to Italy to the homeland of his parents, where he met the future wife and mother of the singer. Alessia has a younger brother. Parents raised their children in strictness and forbade the children to engage in ordinary children's pranks, so Alessia often spent her free time in her room. The singer's parents love the music of The Beatles, Queen and Eros Ramazzotti, whose songs have greatly influenced Alessia's musical taste and style.
Father: He was born in Canada, but had to move back and forth between Canada and Italy, where he met his wife. Her parents were quite strict, so Alessia didn’t do many things other kids did, and she often had to stay in her room quietly.
Mother: She was born and raised in South Italy (Calabria). Alessia’s parents like Queen, Elvis and Beatles, and she used to listen to them when she was a kid. She also knows all Italian stars, such as Tiziano Ferro, Eros Ramazzotti and Laura Pausini who had an influence on her musical tastes and style.
Siblings: The singer has a younger brother. It’s known that he is taller than Alessia. It’s interesting that she used to do all of her recordings in bathrooms not to disturb her small brother.
Sexuality / Sexual Orientation ✎edit
Sexual Orientation: straight.
Money, Net Worth ✎edit
Net worth: her net worth is around $6 million in 2020, and it will keep growing the next year.
Houses & Cars ✎edit
Place of living: She lives in Canada in her own house.
Facts and Favorite Things: ✎edit
- She started her musical career on YouTube after posting her first cover (Price Tag) when she was only 13 years old, and it was her mother’s request. Alessia signed a recording contract when she was 16 years old.
- She prefers Instagram over other social media networks, and she even announced her debut album through it.
- Cara has always been very creative because she was involved in theater, played guitar and wrote poetry as a child. She is talented in so many ways!
- Alessia is from Canada. She grew up in an Italian home on the outskirts of Toronto.
- She is quite shy unlike other celebrities. She is still shy to sing in front of the crowd, and that’s why she first decided to make videos on YouTube to ease her way into it.
- The singer has a tattoo – a paper sailboat. She chose this image because paper sailboats seem frail, but they float when being put on water. This tattoo is a reminder for Cara that she is strong, even though she seems weak and small.
- Alessia can do impressions very well, including Iggy Azalea, Lorde and Ariana Grande.
- Her astrological sign is Cancer. Cara always says that she is very much a Cancer in a sense that she is shy and closed off. She likes being at home, cuddling in her bed and spending time with her friends and family.
- Cara is all about empowerment. That’s because one of her goals is to empower other people with the music she writes and songs she sings. Alessia wants to spread the message to help them.
- Taylor Swift likes her performance of “Bad Blood”.
- Her debut song “Here” is based on a real story, and it’s autobiographical.
- Her 5-song debut EP was released in August, 2015.
- Alessia Cara still doesn’t think she is famous.
- She never cried during any movie.
- If she didn’t have a successful music career, she would like to become a radio DJ.
- Alessia is a feminist.
- She can speak a little Spanish.
- The first CD she ever bought was the one of Black Eyed Peas.
Misc Questions ✎edit
Is Alessia Cara Italian?
Yes, both parents are Italian, and that’s why she speaks Italian so well.
What is Cara’s nationality?
She is Italian who was born and grew up in Canada.
What were her interests in the childhood?
The singer did theater, wrote poetry and started to play guitar when she was 10 years old. She succeeded in teach herself how to play different popular songs. When she was 13 years old, she started her YouTube channel where she posted many covers.
What is her singing style?
Alessia’s signing style is called smooth blue-eyed soul and her voice is often compared to Adina Howard, Farrah Franklin and Norah Jones.
When was her first single released?
She released “Here” in April 2015 and she called it the song for everyone who hated parties. It got more than 500,000 views in the first week. It’s interesting that this single reflects the personal experience of Alessia about going to parties.
What about her TV debut?
Cara made it performing “Here” on “The Tonight Show” on July 29, 2015.
When was Alessia’s first album released?
“Know It All” was released in November, 2015.
Why did Alessia Cara decide to start playing guitar?
She dreamt about playing guitar when she was a small kid, but Amy Winehouse made her want to do that much more. Amy became her real icon later.
What kind of a child was she?
Cara often says that she had a regular childhood and was a boring kid because she didn’t do much. She likes thinking without saying anything and was one of these weird children who didn’t like to smile or talk to others. Her teachers even called her parents a few times to find out whether everything was fine.
Who does Alessia Cara associate herself with?
She often compared her music and style to Lorde.
What is her real name?
Alessia Cara is short from Alessia Caracciolo, which is her real name.
When did she first start writing songs?
Cara used to write short stories and poetry when she was a kid, but she didn’t write songs until 2013. It was the result of her collaboration (first studio sessions) with Mr. Kole who asked her to express her feelings in her words. This simple exercise led to sleek and savvy lyrics about being a teenager and a lone wolf (it was the main theme of her first album).
How did Amy Winehouse inspire Alessia Cara?
She talks a lot about it, and she first heard Amy’s voice in the kitchen with her mother and loved everything about it.
When did Def Jam come into the picture?
Def Jam was the last label on Alessia’s list that she met with after going from New York to LA labels, but this meeting made a perfect sense in July, 2015.
Who noticed Cara and contributed to her success?
Her “Sweater Weather” cover was very popular on YouTube and got more than 800,000 views in 2013. It caught the attention of Tony Perez’s daughter (and he is the founder of EP Entertainment) who contacted Alessia Cara after watching her video.
What inspired the title of her debut album?
It was first called “Seventeen”, but then the singer decided to switch to “Know It All” as this is how she calls herself because she never knows enough. Alessia thinks that this phrase summarizes the concept of her entire album where every song is opinionated in a unique way.
Alessia Cara Popularity in Google (2019-2020):
★ Watch HERE: TOP 100 Most Popular Stars ➤