✎ Age, Height, Weight etc:
Lionel didn’t get the proper education due to his football career – in fact, he finished only 7 grades of school.
✎ Measurements, Body:
✎ Family, Mother, Father, Wife & Husbands, Kids
Mother: his mother’s name is Celia Maria.
Father: his father’s name is Jorge Horacio; he was born in 1958 and worked at the steel factory.
Siblings: he is the third son in the family; he has 2 brothers and one sister (they are named Rodrigo, Matias, and Maria)
Kids: he is a father of 2 sons, born in 2012 and 2015. Their names are Thiago and Mateo respectively.
✎ Boyfriends & Girlfriends, Relationship
Sexual orientation: straight
Lionel was rumored to be dating different girls, including some famous models, until in 2009 he officially confirmed his relationship with Antonella Roccuzzo. He has been dating her since 2008; she is his life partner and mother of his two children. Reportedly, the couple is planning to finally get married in 2017.
✎ Lionel Messi Money, Net Worth
The famous footballer’s net worth is estimated $180 million. He earns $128,000 per day only on his brand endorsements, not to mention his football salaries.
✎ Houses & Cars
Place of living: Lionel owns a luxurious house in Barcelona suburbs with a design that mimics the football stadium.
Cars: Lionel owns many expensive super cars. His collection includes such car brands as Maserati, Ferrari, Audi, and others.
Phoebe Tomlinson (Instagram Stars)
Lauren Lindsey Donzis (TV Actresses)
Thomas Rhett (Music Stars)
George Lopez (TV Actors)
✎ Facts and Favorite things:
- He enjoys playing video games;
- He admits that his favorite thing in life is sleeping;
- He loves tasty food. His favorite dish is Escalope Milanese;
- His favorite writer is Jorge Borges;
- His favorite music genre is samba;
- His favorite movie is “Baby’s Day Out”
- His favorite TV series is “Primicias”;
- One of his favorite fellow football players is Argentinian Pablo Aimar.
- He met Antonella when he was only 5 years old.
- His growth hormone deficiency could cancel his brilliant career at the very beginning;
- His first contract with Barcelona was detailed on a napkin;
- He is the citizen of Argentina and Spain at the same time;
- He got red card during his international debut;
- His nickname is Flea; it symbolizes his speed and agility;
- Japanese jeweler created gold replica of his left foot;
- He maintains good relationship with all the people he was friends with as a child;
- He is often compared to Maradonna in terms of his style of play.
✎ Misc Questions
What is he like IRL?
According to his friends and teammates, Lionel is a very good person. He stays humble despite his fame and wealth and he is really the one you can rely on. He is told to be sturdy and brave. However, Maradona once said that Lionel lacks leadership skills.
What are his brand endorsements?
Lionel signed endorsement contracts with German brand Adidas. He also signed a contract with EA Sports, Gillette, and Huawei.
When did he start playing football?
When he was 5 years old, Lionel joined the local football club, led by his father. Later, at the age of 8, he joined another children club. The outstanding talent of the young star was obvious to anyone and he was noticed by FC Barcelona, which helped his family to pay for the treatment of growth hormone deficiency, he was diagnosed at the age of 11.
And what about scandals?
Probably, the biggest scandal around the footballer so far is the legal proceedings in 2016. He was accused of tax fraud and was sentenced to 21 months jail term. Apart from this, there were cases when different women accused him of sexual assault (including Xoana Gonzalez).
What tattoos does he have?
His first tattoo in life was a portrait of his mother on the back. When his first son was born, he made another tattoo of the baby’s hands on his calf. Later, he complemented it with blackwork, the ball and number 10. He also has sleeve tattoo with Jesus’s face, gears, and floral elements (lotus and rose).
What are his awards?
Lionel got the most prestigious football awards and titles many times. For example, he won 5 Ballon d'Or awards.
And what about charity?
Lionel has his own charity foundation that supports poor children in Spain. He donated significant amount of his personal money to hospitals in Argentina to help children diagnosed with cancer and other diseases. Also, he was UNICEF ambassador in 2010.